Welcome to Yellow Class!
Welcome to Yellow Class. You will be working with me, I'm Mrs. Canham your new class teacher. Mrs. Brown will work with us every day. Mrs. Duxbury, Mrs. Connell and Mrs. Hardingham will also be helping us.
Our new block theme is Geography. The question we will be asking is 'What is it like to live in a place like this?'
We will be exploring our local area and contrasting it with life on a Scottish Island.
Everyday you will need to bring your water bottle and book bag too.
P.E is on Tuesday and Thursday. You can leave your P.E. bag on your peg until the holidays so it is always ready.
When we have Forest Schools you will need suitable clothing that you do not mind getting dirty. You will need to bring in wellington boots and a coat.
Here are some other things you might like to be doing at home. (Look at the homework on db primary as well page as well.)
- Reading a book from school or from home.
2.Practise reading and writing the words in the middle of your home school contact book. You could copy them out and make flashcards.
- Go to the ictgames website or Topmarks maths to play maths games for areas that we have worked on together- addition, subtraction, multiplication, money, shape etc.
- Phonics play is a site for all things to do with letters and sounds. We use this at school as part of our phonics teaching.
- Mystery Doug - the children all love this science site.
- Practise handwriting and letter formation.