King's Ford Infants has Eco School's Bronze level accreditation and we are aiming to achieve Silver level by September 2018.
We started to work towards it in September 2017.
Our work so far-
- formation of an Eco-School committee with a member from each class, the Eco-School committee will meet half termly
- an audit of all areas of the school to identify key elements that could work towards developing a greener environment
- action plan to cover our chosen themes which are healthy living, biodiversity, school grounds and litter
- Healthy Living built into Spring Term curriculum planning has looked at the topics of healthy eating and our bodies
- Forest School for years 1 and 2 which involves an external Forest School specialist delivering weekly sessions following the Forest School curriculum
- bird feeding stations set up outside each class area, the children are encouraged to feed the birds daily and to make observations of their habits and types of birds that are visiting the bird feeding stations
- RSPB Big Birdwatch was completed by all classes, the children all went out to participate in the bird count
- school Garden club meets weekly involving practical gardening activities
- children are educated to be aware of litter dropping and the effects it has on the environment
- the school has a positive approach to recycling, all classes have a paper recycle bin and are mindful of recyclable products
- the school and children are very focus on reducing the amount of electricity being used daily
- all daily school fruit sourced locally